Get To the Point of Peak Value, Then Move On
Please enjoy this Next Normal Leadership series episode featuring Elevate’s Chairman and CEO, Liam Brown, talking with Senior Director, Associate General Counsel, Head of Legal Operations at Intel and the president of CLOC, Mike Haven. Liam and Mike discuss the different areas of life that require leadership, the value in followership, and balancing proactive strategic work with reactive tactical work.
- [00:44] – Say hello to Mike Haven and hear how he’s balancing personal, team, company, and CLOC ecosystem leadership.
- [05:21] – Eliminate time burning cycles that create marginal improvement.
- [07:58] – Let’s attack legal waste, start by systematically asking what we should do differently.
- [11:04] – Focus on your big goals, while completing small ones.
- [13:43] – Yes, communication is key.
- [15:42] – Legal operations is bringing corporate law departments and law firms to the table.
- [18:00] – A tremendous amount of business success is based on the tools, methodologies, and information sharing.
- [20:07] – Change is hard, be okay with less than perfection.
- [22:49] – OKRs – Objectives and Key Results
- [24:37] – Followership defined, learning important lessons from others.
- [26:09] – The responsibility of professional leadership. People watch, listen, observe, and look at the results you achieve.